Established in 2006 by Claire Marsden-Dyson .
Chic Hair Studio Skipton is proud to be celebrating over ten years in business. We are associated with quality and professionalism, our small team of stylists are a friendly bunch.
At Chic it is all about you, the client, we believe that friendly communication can make you feel completely relaxed to discuss what you want to achieve from your style, this helps us transform you, making you feel more confident and beautiful.
At Chic we feel it is very important to get the consultation ‘right’ it is very easy to, miss read what a client really means, that’s why we offer free consultations, to give you a taster of what we really have to offer, and give you the confidence that we truly understand you and your hair needs.
We only use premium hairdressing brands to create and maintain the most beautiful hairstyles for our clients. We will advise you on after care, regarding shampoos, conditioners, styling and finishing products, we will show you how to apply them and how best to style your hair, so you can recreate your look at home
At Chic Hair Studio we consider ourselves to be a free to roam salon. We do understand that you may wish to move to a different stylist within the salon and we promise not to be offended if you do. We regard you as a client of our salon. We offer you the option to select the stylist of your choice or change each time you visit
- Reconnects the broken disulphide bonds in the hair
- Zero breakage
- Adds massive shine to your hair
- Olaplex is insurance for your hair
- The holy grail of hair colour
- A celebrity must have product
- Can be added to colour, bleach and smoothing system
- Lasts until your next chemical service
- Strengthens the hair
The ultimate Treatment is an evolution in straightening and repair. Our semi-permanent treatment has been designed to transform even the most difficult hair into stronger, straighter, repaired hair that’s easy to maintain and gorgeous to the touch.
The unique combination of low pH proteins will renew dry, damaged and weak hair, transforming it completely into healthy, straighter and stronger hair that both looks and feels amazing. These incredible repairing agents rebuild the hair with added strength, vitality and shine providing a smooth, soft and straighter finish that lasts for up to 4 months, gradually fading from the hair.
Guaranteed to halve the time and effort to blow dry your hair. The results are amazing, you will not be disappointed.
Call salon for free consultation: 01756 798 090
*This treatment takes at least 3 hours
*Kerastraight ultimate treatment- £150
The chic team is full of brilliant conversationalists, especially Claire. It is an important part of being a hair stylist, and most of our clients love coming in to have a friendly chat.
But at the same time, we understand people lead busy lives where they may have been communicating with people all day or looking after active children and need some #quietmetime.
A trip to the hair salon is supposed to be relaxing, and while for some people that means catching up on what’s been going on in their lives, but not everybody is comfortable with small talk and want to relax and maybe just read their book or our up to date magazines.
Chic has taken the embarrassment away for those people who don’t enjoy small talk or want to talk. You just choose the #quietchair when you book your appointment.
We will still talk to you about your hair and what you want, but apart from that, you will be able to enjoy the experience in silence and read a magazine uninterrupted.
This option is only available on a Tuesday, when you’ll receive one to one with your stylist in peace and quiet.
Wherever possible please give 48 hours notice for cancellations as failure to do so will incur a cancellation charge.
26 Coach Street, Skipton
T: 01756 798 090
After losing my son harry to an aggressive brain tumour I set a fund up in his memory to raise money for btrs. (Brain Tumour Research and Support)
The Little Princess Trust
The Little Princess Trust provides real hair wigs to boys and girls across the UK and Ireland that have sadly lost their own hair through cancer treatment. Chic can donate your hair, if you have 7 inches or more cut off.
Chic Hair Studio Covid – 19 Guidance
Please read all the below information before you visit the salon, this is to increase the safety of yourself and others during your visit.
PLEASE RESCHEDULE if have any of these symptoms, however mild.
- Have you had a recent onset of a new continuous cough, high temperature or noticed a loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell.
- Exposed to anyone who has been diagnosed with covid 19 in the last 10 days.
In the salon
- We will require all your most recent contact information.
- You will be advised to wear a mask during your appointment this is to protect yourself and others. I know I can not legally enforce this but I feel we need to be responsible and respectful to everyone around us.
- All our equipment, surfaces, towels and gowns will continued to be cleaned and disinfected throughout the day.
- Magazines will be available to read along with the use of our free Wifi
- Refreshments will only be served if you are having a colour or olaplex service. (So your mask can be safety taken off)
- We will open the salon door for ventilation so the salon could be cooler than normal
- All members of staff are doing twice weekly lateral flow tests to keep you all safe.
- My staff will be wearing masks at all times.
- All staff will use hand sanitiser before every client.
- We will continue to isolate even though had both vaccines, if we have been in contact with a person who has tested positive.
- You will be asked to wear a mask during your appointment this is to protect yourself and others.
- Hand sanitise before entering the salon (Automatic hand sanitiser is on the wall next to the door outside)
- We will be working hard to ensure the risk of contamination of covid 19 is reduced, however there is no guarantee that it will be 100% safe.
- Should you test positive to covid 19 within 48 hours of your visit, Please inform us immediately.
- By submitting your details below – means you have read and understood the above information and agree to the terms and conditions of your visit.
Thank you for your loyal continued business and appreciate your support during these difficult times