Please note: You can now book an appointment online here but if you are struggling to find a suitable appointment please contact Claire directly and she will be happy to help. We have only partly opened the salon online calendar up due to the covid 19 situation so we can keep control on the number of clients in the salon at one time. Sorry for inconvenience.
please read our Covid 19 guidance and protocols before booking an appointment.
Established in 2006 by Claire Marsden-Dyson .
Chic Hair Studio Skipton is proud to be celebrating over ten years in business. We are associated with quality and professionalism, our small team of stylists are a friendly bunch.
At Chic it is all about you, the client, we believe that friendly communication can make you feel completely relaxed to discuss what you want to achieve from your style, this helps us transform you, making you feel more confident and beautiful.
At Chic we feel it is very important to get the consultation ‘right’ it is very easy to, miss read what a client really means, that’s why we offer free consultations, to give you a taster of what we really have to offer, and give you the confidence that we truly understand you and your hair needs.
We only use premium hairdressing brands to create and maintain the most beautiful hairstyles for our clients. We will advise you on after care, regarding shampoos, conditioners, styling and finishing products, we will show you how to apply them and how best to style your hair, so you can recreate your look at home
At Chic Hair Studio we consider ourselves to be a free to roam salon. We do understand that you may wish to move to a different stylist within the salon and we promise not to be offended if you do. We regard you as a client of our salon. We offer you the option to select the stylist of your choice or change each time you visit
- Reconnects the broken disulphide bonds in the hair
- Zero breakage
- Adds massive shine to your hair
- Olaplex is insurance for your hair
- The holy grail of hair colour
- A celebrity must have product
- Can be added to colour, bleach and smoothing system
- Lasts until your next chemical service
- Strengthens the hair
The ultimate Treatment is an evolution in straightening and repair. Our semi-permanent treatment has been designed to transform even the most difficult hair into stronger, straighter, repaired hair that’s easy to maintain and gorgeous to the touch.
The unique combination of low pH proteins will renew dry, damaged and weak hair, transforming it completely into healthy, straighter and stronger hair that both looks and feels amazing. These incredible repairing agents rebuild the hair with added strength, vitality and shine providing a smooth, soft and straighter finish that lasts for up to 4 months, gradually fading from the hair.
Guaranteed to halve the time and effort to blow dry your hair. The results are amazing, you will not be disappointed.
Call salon for free consultation: 01756 798 090
*This treatment takes at least 3 hours
*Kerastraight ultimate treatment- £150
The chic team is full of brilliant conversationalists, especially Claire. It is an important part of being a hair stylist, and most of our clients love coming in to have a friendly chat.
But at the same time, we understand people lead busy lives where they may have been communicating with people all day or looking after active children and need some #quietmetime.
A trip to the hair salon is supposed to be relaxing, and while for some people that means catching up on what’s been going on in their lives, but not everybody is comfortable with small talk and want to relax and maybe just read their book or our up to date magazines.
Chic has taken the embarrassment away for those people who don’t enjoy small talk or want to talk. You just choose the #quietchair when you book your appointment.
We will still talk to you about your hair and what you want, but apart from that, you will be able to enjoy the experience in silence and read a magazine uninterrupted.
This option is only available on a Tuesday, when you’ll receive one to one with your stylist in peace and quiet.
Wherever possible please give 48 hours notice for cancellations as failure to do so will incur a cancellation charge.
26 Coach Street, Skipton
T: 01756 798 090
After losing my son harry to an aggressive brain tumour I set a fund up in his memory to raise money for btrs. (Brain Tumour Research and Support)
The Little Princess Trust
The Little Princess Trust provides real hair wigs to boys and girls across the UK and Ireland that have sadly lost their own hair through cancer treatment. Chic can donate your hair, if you have 7 inches or more cut off.
Before You Visit the Salon
In order to help reduce the spread of COVID- 19, and increase the safety of yourself and others during your visit, we ask you carefully to read the following procedures.
PLEASE RESCHEDULE if have any of these symptoms, however mild.
- Have you had a recent onset of a new continuous cough, high temperature or noticed a loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell.
- Exposed to anyone with suspected or diagnosed COVID-19 in last 14-21 days.
In the Salon
- We will now require all your most recent contact information, we have now been asked to collect this by law and put on our safe salon software system, this is to work alongside track and trace.
If you have downloaded the new NHS covid 19 app you can now check in at Chic with our very own covid 19 code (let’s help stop the spread of coronavirus).
- All equipment and surfaces will be disinfected before and after each client.
- All towels will be washed on a high wash, and we will be using disposable gowns.
- All sections will be spaced out to ensure social distancing of OVER 1 meter with risk mitigation.
- Magazines and refreshments will no longer be served during your service, please bring your own drinks bottle and you all may use our free wifi provided.
- We will open the door for ventilation throughout the salon as much as possible (clearly not on cold days)
- Please make payment and forwarding appointments during your service wherever possible. Please note that it is advised to make a few forwarding appointments due to the staff client ratio and availability.
- My staff will be wearing visors and masks at all times, please bear with the stylist if she has to break off to take a drink as wearing visors with masks all day can be very difficult.
- All staff will no longer give you a consultation face to face, sat down, they will do this at a distance through the mirror!!! sorry as this goes against all what we believe in at Chic, but we need to follow the guidelines stated by the government. During your shampoo at the basin and during blow drying the stylist will keep talking to a minimum to prevent aerosol transmission (which is when you speak loudly over something) But during the rest of your treatment we will be chatting as normal.
- All staff will use hand sanitiser before every client and during your appointment.
- we only ever have 3 stylists in at one time, we are also controlling the numbers of clients in at one time. If we feel or the government feel we need to control this more we may adapt our working hours slightly.
- We are so excited to see you all but please no hugs or kisses.
- Please try to keep your distance while talking to us at the reception, keep a distance from other clients and please ask if want to use our rest room.
- Please refrain from touching surfaces, should you require products please ask a staff member to assist.
- Please stay seated in your designated workstation and avoid unnecessary movements in the salon, unless told to do so.
- You will be asked to wear a mask and sanitise your hands on entering and leaving the salon (Automatic hand sanitiser is on the wall next to the door). If you can not find a mask we can provide you with one for a small charge. If you are having your hair coloured please bring 2 masks as your mask may get colour on it and need to be changed.
- You don’t have to wait outside please come in and the stylist will advise you where to sit. Please do not arrive too early to your appointment. You are asked not to bring family members or friends to your appointment unless they have also booked an appointment slot
- Please keep all belongings with you, we will not be taking coats etc, so where possible keep these to a minimum
PLEASE BRING WITH YOU TO YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- A plastic carrier bag or large handbag so that your coat/ jacket can be stowed safely at your feet.
- A mask- 2 if having a colour service. (A mask can be purchased for £1 in the salon)
- Reading material
These guidelines may change as the pandemic hopefully eases. We will keep you updated at all times
We are still accepting cash and card payments and tips.
Thank you for your loyal continued business and appreciate your support during these difficult times.
We will be working hard to ensure the risk of contamination of COVID 19 is reduced, however there is no guarantee that it will be 100% safe.
Should you experience any symptoms relating to COVID 19 within 14 days of your last visit to the salon, you should inform us immediately, get tested, then we can work with track and trace.
By submitting you have read and understood the above information and agree to the terms and conditions of your visit.
“I fully understand the frustration of maybe the experience not being as relaxed and enjoyable as it usually is, but we have to work along side the government guidelines to prevent the spread of this pandemic and be able to provide a safe environment for both you, my guests and my staff. I personally are so excited to be welcoming you all back.
Myself and the girls have missed you.”